|Monterey Property Management wants their tenants to have a smooth move in experience when entering their residential property. Follow the instructions below and this will assist you in negotiating the stressful task of moving into your new home or apartment.
- Electricity: Southern California Edison (SCE) 800-655-4555 must be notified to transfer service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
* In Anaheim call: Anaheim Public Utilities 714-765-3300
- Gas: Southern CA Gas Co. 800-427-2200 must be notified to transfer service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Water/Sewer/Trash: Call your local city to notify them of the transfer of service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, you may pay by check (Please see your rental agreement for payee name”). We will not accept personal checks from anyone except the person(s) on the rental agreement. You will not be billed or a sent a notice to pay, if the payment is not received by the 5th you will be assessed a late fee as set forth in your lease agreement.
- Keys can be picked up from our office on the day you are authorized to move in.
- Move-in Inspection Form is included in this packet. Please fill this out indicating any noticeable damage in the rental and return to us within a 10 days.
- Emergencies are to be reported to the management company. When you move in please be aware of the location of the water turn off valve (if applicable) and breaker box. If an emergency occurs AFTER business hours please call 714-841-8120 .
*PLEASE NOTE: EMERGENCIES would be considered as follows:
-Main Line back up(s)
-Inoperable Water Heater(s) i.e No hot water
If there is a life threatening emergency, please call 911
For all other non emergency maintenance requests, please fill out the Repair Request form or call our office at 714-841-4203.
Tenant is responsible for the following:
- Yard care (If not mentioned in the lease)/watering (by hand if sprinklers broken) Minor trimming, pruning & weeding beds
- Testing and changing batteries in smoke detectors and/or carbon monoxide detectors
- Changing all inoperable light bulbs (60 watt maximum) and fluorescent tubes in easily accessible light fixtures.
- Keep dryer vents & house vents inside & out clean
- Pest control (for details please call the office)
- Inside & outside window cleaning
- Tenant is responsible for all maintenance of water softener and water purification systems (if applicable).
- Drain stoppage (clogging) when caused by tenant. Do not put potato peelings, onion skins, or artichoke trimmings through the disposal. Any other food placed in the disposal should have water run through the drain for at least 10 seconds after grinding. This carries the food out to the main sewer.
- Payment of rent or other charges as determined by lease and addendum.
- Do not use the drop-in cleaners in the tank of the toilet. This will destroy the rubber in the fittings. The type that clip to the bowl edge are best.
- No foreign items are to be flushed away. This includes: baby wipes, tampons, diapers, paper towels, dental floss, clumping kitty litter, etc. these items will clog the drain and you will be charged for the repairs.
This is only a partial list, please call our office for more information.
714 841 6500