|Tenants are required to give a 30 day notice in writing prior to vacating
Monterey Property Management wants their tenants to have a smooth transition when moving from one of the properties they manage.
These are the instructions for proper move out. We know you will have a lot to keep track of during this transition. We hope this will make it more clear and organized for you. If you do have any questions, please call us at 714-841-4203.
- An inspection will be done only after all your personal property has been removed and you have cleaned the property. At this time you need to take the keys to the office. We consider you still living at the property until the keys are turned in. Rent will be charged until MPM receives keys and garage door remote – do NOT leave keys at the property. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RE-ENTER THE PROPERTY AFTER ALL KEYS HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO THE OFFICE.
- The better the condition of the property when you leave the better the chance you will receive a full refund. You will need to give us your forwarding address to send your deposit refund to. If you vacate the property prior to the end of the lease term, you will still be responsible for the rent during the remaining term of the lease. However, we will do our best to try and lease the property.
- · Remove all trash and personal items from home and yard.
- · Clean all appliances thoroughly, including microwave, range hood, etc. Clean sinks, cabinets and drawers.
- · Wash non-carpeted floors. Remove stains and marks.
- · Wash walls carefully; pay special attention to areas around light switches, hallways doors and baseboards.
- · Clean all windows. Secure all screens and remove cobwebs inside and out.
- · Make needed repairs to screens and screen doors.
- · Clean and disinfect the bathrooms thoroughly.
- · Repair or have repaired any damage you or your pets have caused.
- · Discontinue your phone services at least 24 hours before vacating.
- · If your are responsible for the lawn care: Mow, trim and remove debris from yard.
- · Make arrangements to have your trash picked up before you discontinue service.